Monday, October 18, 2010

News Story First Draft Post Write

1. How do you feel about the paper so far? Please explain and offer evidence from the work.
So far I feel the paper is coming along well. I feel like this is a newsworthy topic. It is something that is going on now and that is affection me locally. I tried to keep in non-biased and my opinions to myself. I looked up the topic and I used information that I found. “Since this is a zoning change, the article must be approved by a two-thirds majority. A positive vote would move the project ahead to site plan approval review, an open process at which neighbors would again have the opportunity to have restrictions placed on the project. Residents opposing it claim to have 300 negative votes, which would require supporters to have at least 601 votes.” I think this is a topic that people do care about and want to hear about.
2. What remains to be done? Please be precise.
I need to make my paper longer. It is only 233 words, and it is required to be 350 to 500.  I still need to interview people. I would like to interview someone who supports this and someone who opposes it. I would also like to find out some more information about Sysco.
3. What questions do you have for readers about the piece?
            Does my title fit? How can I make this more interesting for the reader and make people want to read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment