Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Proposal First Draft

Two of your classes were cancelled before the first week of the semester. You are going to address your proposal to the college administrator in charge, making clear to document the problem carefully and offering realistic solutions.

            I work full time and go to school full time, and I live on my own. My work schedule is planned around my school schedule. When one week before classes begin two of my classes are cancelled it really throws off my schedule. The chances of me being able to fill those two spots with other classes I needed or would be able to take are very slim being that close to the start of the semester. If I had to take classes at a different time I would have to change my work schedule and that is not easy for me to do. If I’m not able to work as many hours then I will not be able to afford to live on my own.  We have to do something about this.
            We have to change this some how. The college should take a look at non-required classes and see which ones are popular and which ones are not. The classes that are not popular should not be offered.  If enough people do not sign up for a class being offered, then that should be decided earlier than a week before the semester starts. Other people are also going to need to know earlier if classes are going to be cancelled. Cassie, 18, a college student, also runs a tight schedule. She is a mother and a full time college student. She has a babysitter watch her daughter while she is in school. She has had two classes cancelled the week before the semester starts and she could not get two more classes to fill those spots. She had to changer her whole schedule for the semester because she could not change her babysitter on such a short notice. “It is such an inconvenience for me. I wish the school would have given me more notice if a class was going to be cancelled or not.”
           

No comments:

Post a Comment